Organized as Market Street Methodist Episcopal Church South on June 8, 1857
The first building was constructed on Market Street at Halifax at a cost $24,000.00.
Market Street Methodist Church was designed by local architect R. A. Mechen
and served as Market Street Methodist Episcopal Church,, South from 1857 to 1923.
From 1924 to 1954 it was First Christian Church by Disciples of Christ.
It has also served Mount Olivet Baptist Church and other organizations.
Market Street Methodist Episcopal Church,, South members moved to Sycamore Street
and became Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church, South , or Trinity Church on February 25, 1923.
Trinity Church was designed by architect R.E. Mitchell and constructed of Indiana limestone.
The Georgian revival structure was inspired by St. Martin in the Field Chapel near London, England.
First to introduce the pump organ, Parrand & Votey c1890, in worship. View Here,
Trinity Church continues weekly services today using the Estey Pipe Organ c1927 during worship. View Here.
Trinity United Methodist Church in
beautiful downtown historic Petersburg,
215 South Sycamore Street Petersburg, Virginia 23803
Copyright © 2006 Trinity United
Methodist Church in Petersburg, Virginia - All rights reserved.
July 2020 - Current
Senior and Administrative Pastor Craig Buxton
Senior Pastor Rev. Linwood Daniel Administrative and Co-Pastor Mr. Joe Plemmons
Senior Pastor Rev. Linwood Daniel Administrative and Co-Pastor Mr. David Bailey
Copyright © 2006, 2020 Trinity United Methodist Church in Petersburg, Virginia - All rights reserved.
More About Trinity Church
About the Methodist Movement 1773