K W STUDIO - RAILROAD ART
Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac Depot
The sight and sound of trains rumbling through the heart of town, brings to mind the inseparable link between the RF&P and
the town of Ashland. By the late 1830ís. the RF&P began laying tracks north from Richmond. In the early 1850ís, the
RF&P had developed a country resort in the area of present day Randolph-Macon College. To encourage growth around
the resort, the RF&P began selling residential lots in 1854. The sale of the lot also included a twenty year railroad
pass for free travel. The town of Ashland grew and prospered in the following decades. The current depot opened for
business on August 13, 1923. Service at the station was discontinued by the RF&P in 1967.
Today it serves as the Ashland/Hanover Visitor Center.
Limited Edition Print:
Size: 18 x 24
<RETURN TO ARTWORK PAGE >
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright © 2009 www.wcast.info/kws